Additional requirements of management systems in food safety, PAS 220 and PAS 223
PAS 220 and 223 are international standards that regulate management system requirements in food safety.
FSSC 22000 is a progressive system of certification of food goods and going through the process is a kind of 'green light' for businesses which prepare, store, transport or package these goods. An FSSC 22000 certificate is a symbiosis of the ISO 22000 and ISO 2200-PAS 220 standards, which are the basis of the food safety system. Developing this system is the responsibility of a group called the Confederation of Food and Drink Industries of the EEC.
Knowing the quality of the food they buy is the absolute right of every customer. Given this, the majority of businesses base their practices on strict observance of the requirements of food safety systems.
Adopting and developing the international implementation of FSSC 2000 is the introduction and initiation of a global initiative in food safety. FSSC 2000 unites within itself a food safety management system acknowledged around the world based on ISO 2000 and implementation of the PAS 220 and 223 programmes.
The advantages of the FSSC standard:
- integrated reduction in delivery processes;
- organising production activities on the basis of systemic observance of current international standards;
- ensuring systematisation in the functioning of ISO systems 22000 and 22003;
- the ability to raise levels of accreditation of businesses in accordance with ISO/IEC 17021;
- strengthening the position of businesses ahead of domestic and overseas business associates;
- thorough and comprehensive monitoring of the safety of foods through to final consumption;
- the presumption of independent coordination of the safety system;
- compliance of the firm's actions with a system which has been acknowledged and ratified by the highest representatives.
PAS 220:2008 is a supplementary body of standards relating to the key change in the management system arising as the result of observing the rules of the food safety standard in accordance with the latest structure:
- designing buildings and creating their concrete work area;
- engineering networks: water supply, air conditioning, electricity;
- recycling waste;
- hardware technical support;
- supervisory responsibility of procurement processes;
- ensuring good standards of personal hygiene;
- disinfection, etc.
The above mentioned norms were developed by the British Standards Institution with the intention of further developing the food safety programme.
PPAS 233:2011, an innovative update, is intended to optimise safety system for food commodities during preparation and packaging. The new standard will be widely applied in basic actions undertaken during design and development.
PAS 223:2011 will make it possible to:
- plan the processes of producing food packaging;
- ensure the necessary conditions for storing and transporting food packaging;
- execute requirements relating to maintaining standards of personal hygiene when working with food packaging.
By trusting a license from the DiSAI system registrars you will make significant savings of your own time. All you need to do is complete a special application form which you can find on our site and collect your certificate 24 hours later! The certificate is valid in all regions of the Russian Federation. You can ask any questions you have by phone or by email. The cost of the service is determined on an individual basis.